Cricket World Cup to be insured for more than CWG
New Delhi: The 2011 ICC World Cup in the sub-continent that is marred with terror attack scare is all set to go for an overwhelming sum as far as insurance is concerned. ESPN - International sports broadcaster of 2011 ICC World Cup has sought a confirmed INR 600 crore for terror & weather insurance cover for 2011 ICC World Cup.
2011 ICC World Cup will commence on February 19, 2011. This insurance cover for terror & wealth insurance is 3 times, the INR 200 crore cover which was for the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
New India Assurance & General Insurance Corporation are being approached for 2011 ICC World Cup’s insurance support. The insurance cover amount sought by ESPN is very elevated than anybody’s expectations, as the matches will be held in areas, which are prone to terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened