Cricket World Cup to be insured for more than CWG
New Delhi: The 2011 ICC World Cup in the sub-continent that is marred with terror attack scare is all set to go for an overwhelming sum as far as insurance is concerned. ESPN - International sports broadcaster of 2011 ICC World Cup has sought a confirmed INR 600 crore for terror & weather insurance cover for 2011 ICC World Cup.
2011 ICC World Cup will commence on February 19, 2011. This insurance cover for terror & wealth insurance is 3 times, the INR 200 crore cover which was for the Delhi Commonwealth Games.
New India Assurance & General Insurance Corporation are being approached for 2011 ICC World Cup’s insurance support. The insurance cover amount sought by ESPN is very elevated than anybody’s expectations, as the matches will be held in areas, which are prone to terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League
- London diaries: Saif Ali Khan, wifey Kareena Kapoor shopping at a departmental store – View pic
- I was told to slim down for 'Pearl Harbor': Kate Beckinsale