CSI writes to IOC to ensure Kalmadi & Co`s suspension
New Delhi: Clean Sports India on Monday welcomed International Olympic Committee`s direction to the IOA to suspend the tainted trio of Suresh Kalmadi, Lalit Bhanot and V K Verma with immediate effect and asked the IOC to ensure that the national body implements the decision.
CSI today wrote a letter to the IOC which, while thanking the world body for asking the IOA to prevent the trio from contesting elections, also made a plea that it should press the national body to implement the direction.
"We sincerely thank you for the recommendations of IOC Ethics Commission for the suspension of Suresh Kalmadi, Lalit Bhanot and V K Verma. This action of IOC has been highly appreciated by ordinary Indians in general and the sporting fraternity in particular," CSI wrote in its letter to Rogge.
"We request you to keep a close watch on Indian Olympic Association till they implement the recommendations."
Former India shooter Murad Ali Khan, who is a member of CSI, said, "I hope IOC`s recommendations are implemented and the upcoming IOA elections sees the change which Indian sports badly require.
"In case the recommendations are not implemented there is 100 per cent chance that IOC will de-recognise IOA."
CSI also thanked IOC for deciding to send its observer for the IOA elections scheduled to be held here on November 25.
"The presence of your observer will ensure free and fair elections of IOA," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo