CSI writes to IOC to ensure Kalmadi & Co`s suspension
New Delhi: Clean Sports India on Monday welcomed International Olympic Committee`s direction to the IOA to suspend the tainted trio of Suresh Kalmadi, Lalit Bhanot and V K Verma with immediate effect and asked the IOC to ensure that the national body implements the decision.
CSI today wrote a letter to the IOC which, while thanking the world body for asking the IOA to prevent the trio from contesting elections, also made a plea that it should press the national body to implement the direction.
"We sincerely thank you for the recommendations of IOC Ethics Commission for the suspension of Suresh Kalmadi, Lalit Bhanot and V K Verma. This action of IOC has been highly appreciated by ordinary Indians in general and the sporting fraternity in particular," CSI wrote in its letter to Rogge.
"We request you to keep a close watch on Indian Olympic Association till they implement the recommendations."
Former India shooter Murad Ali Khan, who is a member of CSI, said, "I hope IOC`s recommendations are implemented and the upcoming IOA elections sees the change which Indian sports badly require.
"In case the recommendations are not implemented there is 100 per cent chance that IOC will de-recognise IOA."
CSI also thanked IOC for deciding to send its observer for the IOA elections scheduled to be held here on November 25.
"The presence of your observer will ensure free and fair elections of IOA," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'