Cuba faces tough WSB bout against Russia
Havana: Cuban boxers are preparing to face a strong Russian team Dec 6 at the Sport City Coliseum here following their victories at their debut in the World Series of Boxing (WSB).
The Cuban Boxing Federation (FCB) team includes Yosbany Veitia in the 49 kg category, Ramon Luis (75 kg) and Erislandy Savon (91 kg) who crushed their Mexican opponents in their WSB debut, reports Xinhua.
Cuba`s team will also include two-time champion Marcos Forestal (56 kg) and Luis Oliva (64kg).
With a total of 10 victories in its first two ties, Cuba is the only team to have won all their fights in the fourth WSB.
The Cuban team now has the challenge to maintain its winning streak against Russia which is looking for a win after losing (2-3) on home turf to reigning champions Kazakhstan.
In Group B, Russia is third with four points after defeating Poland and losing to Kazakhstan. At the bottom are Mexico and Poland, both of which have zero points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites