Cuba faces tough WSB bout against Russia
Havana: Cuban boxers are preparing to face a strong Russian team Dec 6 at the Sport City Coliseum here following their victories at their debut in the World Series of Boxing (WSB).
The Cuban Boxing Federation (FCB) team includes Yosbany Veitia in the 49 kg category, Ramon Luis (75 kg) and Erislandy Savon (91 kg) who crushed their Mexican opponents in their WSB debut, reports Xinhua.
Cuba`s team will also include two-time champion Marcos Forestal (56 kg) and Luis Oliva (64kg).
With a total of 10 victories in its first two ties, Cuba is the only team to have won all their fights in the fourth WSB.
The Cuban team now has the challenge to maintain its winning streak against Russia which is looking for a win after losing (2-3) on home turf to reigning champions Kazakhstan.
In Group B, Russia is third with four points after defeating Poland and losing to Kazakhstan. At the bottom are Mexico and Poland, both of which have zero points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months