Cuba faces tough WSB bout against Russia
Havana: Cuban boxers are preparing to face a strong Russian team Dec 6 at the Sport City Coliseum here following their victories at their debut in the World Series of Boxing (WSB).
The Cuban Boxing Federation (FCB) team includes Yosbany Veitia in the 49 kg category, Ramon Luis (75 kg) and Erislandy Savon (91 kg) who crushed their Mexican opponents in their WSB debut, reports Xinhua.
Cuba`s team will also include two-time champion Marcos Forestal (56 kg) and Luis Oliva (64kg).
With a total of 10 victories in its first two ties, Cuba is the only team to have won all their fights in the fourth WSB.
The Cuban team now has the challenge to maintain its winning streak against Russia which is looking for a win after losing (2-3) on home turf to reigning champions Kazakhstan.
In Group B, Russia is third with four points after defeating Poland and losing to Kazakhstan. At the bottom are Mexico and Poland, both of which have zero points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city