Cuba faces tough WSB bout against Russia
Havana: Cuban boxers are preparing to face a strong Russian team Dec 6 at the Sport City Coliseum here following their victories at their debut in the World Series of Boxing (WSB).
The Cuban Boxing Federation (FCB) team includes Yosbany Veitia in the 49 kg category, Ramon Luis (75 kg) and Erislandy Savon (91 kg) who crushed their Mexican opponents in their WSB debut, reports Xinhua.
Cuba`s team will also include two-time champion Marcos Forestal (56 kg) and Luis Oliva (64kg).
With a total of 10 victories in its first two ties, Cuba is the only team to have won all their fights in the fourth WSB.
The Cuban team now has the challenge to maintain its winning streak against Russia which is looking for a win after losing (2-3) on home turf to reigning champions Kazakhstan.
In Group B, Russia is third with four points after defeating Poland and losing to Kazakhstan. At the bottom are Mexico and Poland, both of which have zero points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit
- Danish government-allied populists call for EU vote, PM rejects
- Three killed in shooting at Ankara hospital: reports