Cuba to host 2014 Cliff Diving World Series
Havana: Cuban sports authorities gave final touches for the preparations of the first phase of the 2014 Cliff Diving World Series to be held Friday at Havana`s bay.
Cuban diving commissioner Rolando Ruiz Pedreguera Sunday said that 14 of the world`s best cliff divers will take part in the event, including Colombian world champion Orlando Duque, reports Xinhua.
Ruiz said an iron-aluminium structure to support the seven-metre height and eight-metre ledge platform was built to avoid any risk of accident in the reefs.
Besides Duque, other main divers that will take part in the competition include Russian Artem Silchenko, 2013 champion, British Gary Hunt and Mexican Jonathan Paredes.
Ruiz said the competition will include only men`s category and will be held in Havana`s historic Morro Castle, located at the entrance of the city`s bay, where the divers will jump from a 27-metre height.
This will be the first time Cuba will host a Cliff Diving World Series` competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites