Cuba to host 2014 Cliff Diving World Series
Havana: Cuban sports authorities gave final touches for the preparations of the first phase of the 2014 Cliff Diving World Series to be held Friday at Havana`s bay.
Cuban diving commissioner Rolando Ruiz Pedreguera Sunday said that 14 of the world`s best cliff divers will take part in the event, including Colombian world champion Orlando Duque, reports Xinhua.
Ruiz said an iron-aluminium structure to support the seven-metre height and eight-metre ledge platform was built to avoid any risk of accident in the reefs.
Besides Duque, other main divers that will take part in the competition include Russian Artem Silchenko, 2013 champion, British Gary Hunt and Mexican Jonathan Paredes.
Ruiz said the competition will include only men`s category and will be held in Havana`s historic Morro Castle, located at the entrance of the city`s bay, where the divers will jump from a 27-metre height.
This will be the first time Cuba will host a Cliff Diving World Series` competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM