Cuban baseball players allowed to play overseas
Havana: Ending a 50-year-old ban, Cuba finally allowed its baseball players to play in foreign professional clubs, the president of the Cuban Baseball Federation, Higinio Velez said.
"Allowing to play in foreign clubs is now a policy of the federation, fulfilling an old wish of our players and people, as a way to put the national baseball on the map," Velez was quoted.
He explained that the permits to play abroad could be for periods not affecting the Cuban National Series and would be granted "especially to the most excellent players, so they can go and fulfill their international commitments and can still return to represent their local teams."
Recently, the island`s authorities allowed the outstanding players Michel Enrique, Alfredo Despaigne and Yordanis Samon to play in the club Pirates of Campeche of the Mexican Professional League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next