Cueist Aditya wins Round 2 at International Open
Sheffield: India`s ace cueist and Arjuna Awardee Aditya Mehta notched up a 6-3 win over World Rank 49 Mike Dunn of England in the second round of the qualifying tournament for the International Championship here on Tuesday.
Aditya fought through the match from a slow start of 0-2 down to go 6-3 up. Aditya took a couple of good frames with breaks of 54 and 62 to equal up 2-2 at the interval.
He played very well in the second session with breaks of 58, 46 and 49 putting him 5-3 in front. Mehta sealed the match with a break of 97 to win 6-3.
"This has been doubly special for me as I got the news about the Arjuna Award yesterday. I gave the match my best shot to come back with consecutive winning frames. Next up is the third round against Jimmy White. This is our second meeting this season," he said.
Aditya will be playing Jimmy White next. This is their second meeting this season. In the last match, Aditya won 5-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security