Cueist Pankaj Advani goes down to Robbie Williams
Sheffield: Indian champion Pankaj Advani blew a 7-4 lead to lose 7-10 against Robbie Williams in the final qualifying round of the World Professional Snooker Championship here.
Williams won six frames on the trot to deny victory to the 28-year-old Bangalorean, who thus joined compatriot Aditya Mehta on the sidelines Sunday. Mehta went down 5-10 to Jamie Jones Saturday.
Trailing 3-4, Advani took the next four frames for a 7-4 advantage and looked set to wrapping up the match. However, Jones came up with a break of 62 in the 12th frame to begin his fightback even as Advani yielded ground.
Earlier in the best-of-19 frames match, Advani had posted breaks of 78 and 73 while Williams responded with runs of 51 and 50 before finishing off with four more half-century breaks to seal the issue.
Mehta too initially kept pace with his opponent Jones, who then took control by winning five frames in a row to move to 7-3. Mehta managed to snatch the 11th and 12th frames to stay in the hunt but Jones came roaring back to win three more frames back-to-back for the match.
While Mehta had no breaks over 50, Jones, who started the match with a run of 108 in the first frame, followed it up with 68, 50 and 65.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living