Cueist Sitwala for Scottish Open
New Delhi: Twice world billiards runner-up Dhruv Sitwala of India will feature in the 2014 Scottish Open that will be held at the Ball Room, Glasgow on January 25 and 26.
Sitwala, who was runner-up in the 2008 edition of the competition, will feature along with world (150-up) bronze medallist Rob Hall of England, former UK champion Martin Goodwill and world champion in the long-up format Peter Gilchrist, among others.
The tournament is an English Billiards Open Series (EBOS) level 1 competition which carries half ranking points and a guaranteed prize of 1,000 pounds.
"I will be rubbing shoulders with some of the best in the business, including top pros from the UK," said Sitwala.
"Since there are not many billiards tournaments in Mumbai, participating in such tournaments helps me stay in the groove," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%