Cueist Sitwala for Scottish Open
New Delhi: Twice world billiards runner-up Dhruv Sitwala of India will feature in the 2014 Scottish Open that will be held at the Ball Room, Glasgow on January 25 and 26.
Sitwala, who was runner-up in the 2008 edition of the competition, will feature along with world (150-up) bronze medallist Rob Hall of England, former UK champion Martin Goodwill and world champion in the long-up format Peter Gilchrist, among others.
The tournament is an English Billiards Open Series (EBOS) level 1 competition which carries half ranking points and a guaranteed prize of 1,000 pounds.
"I will be rubbing shoulders with some of the best in the business, including top pros from the UK," said Sitwala.
"Since there are not many billiards tournaments in Mumbai, participating in such tournaments helps me stay in the groove," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back