Cueist Sitwala for Scottish Open
New Delhi: Twice world billiards runner-up Dhruv Sitwala of India will feature in the 2014 Scottish Open that will be held at the Ball Room, Glasgow on January 25 and 26.
Sitwala, who was runner-up in the 2008 edition of the competition, will feature along with world (150-up) bronze medallist Rob Hall of England, former UK champion Martin Goodwill and world champion in the long-up format Peter Gilchrist, among others.
The tournament is an English Billiards Open Series (EBOS) level 1 competition which carries half ranking points and a guaranteed prize of 1,000 pounds.
"I will be rubbing shoulders with some of the best in the business, including top pros from the UK," said Sitwala.
"Since there are not many billiards tournaments in Mumbai, participating in such tournaments helps me stay in the groove," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata