Cueist Sitwala for Scottish Open
New Delhi: Twice world billiards runner-up Dhruv Sitwala of India will feature in the 2014 Scottish Open that will be held at the Ball Room, Glasgow on January 25 and 26.
Sitwala, who was runner-up in the 2008 edition of the competition, will feature along with world (150-up) bronze medallist Rob Hall of England, former UK champion Martin Goodwill and world champion in the long-up format Peter Gilchrist, among others.
The tournament is an English Billiards Open Series (EBOS) level 1 competition which carries half ranking points and a guaranteed prize of 1,000 pounds.
"I will be rubbing shoulders with some of the best in the business, including top pros from the UK," said Sitwala.
"Since there are not many billiards tournaments in Mumbai, participating in such tournaments helps me stay in the groove," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster