Cueists Chitra, Uma lead Indian challenge at World event
Leeds (UK): Cueists Chitra Magimairaj, Umadevi Nagraj and Neeta Kothari will be representing India in the 13-nation World Ladies Billiards and Snooker Championships, starting here on Friday.
Chitra, who has not missed a single year since her first participation in 2003, has bagged two gold, three silver and three bronze medals, while reigning national billiards champion Umadevi won the title in 2012.
Hailing from Bangalore, Chitra, 41, has withdrawn from the billiards event and will play the snooker category only. Meanwhile, continuing the sporting tradition from the first cuesports family of the country, Neeta, whose brother Sourav is reigning national billiards champion and father Manoj Kothari -- a cuesports veteran, is making her maiden appearance in the WLBSA event.
On the international front, Reanne Evans, only women player in the pro circuit will be gunning for her 10th title, along with Maria Catalano, World No.1 and cousin of Ronnie O`Sullivan.
The total prize money this year has been increased to 5000 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre