Cueists Chitra, Uma lead Indian challenge at World event
Leeds (UK): Cueists Chitra Magimairaj, Umadevi Nagraj and Neeta Kothari will be representing India in the 13-nation World Ladies Billiards and Snooker Championships, starting here on Friday.
Chitra, who has not missed a single year since her first participation in 2003, has bagged two gold, three silver and three bronze medals, while reigning national billiards champion Umadevi won the title in 2012.
Hailing from Bangalore, Chitra, 41, has withdrawn from the billiards event and will play the snooker category only. Meanwhile, continuing the sporting tradition from the first cuesports family of the country, Neeta, whose brother Sourav is reigning national billiards champion and father Manoj Kothari -- a cuesports veteran, is making her maiden appearance in the WLBSA event.
On the international front, Reanne Evans, only women player in the pro circuit will be gunning for her 10th title, along with Maria Catalano, World No.1 and cousin of Ronnie O`Sullivan.
The total prize money this year has been increased to 5000 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried