CWG bronze-medallist lifter strikes gold at National Games
Jamshedpur: Commonwealth Games bronze medallist V Srinivasa Rao bettered his previous record to clinch the yellow metal in the men`s 56 kg category of the 34th National Games` Weightlifting event at the Tata Auditorium here on Tuesday.
Rao, who had set a National Games record by lifting 135 kg in Jerk in the last edition in Guwahati, improved his performance by a kilogram and lifted 136kg.
The SSCB lifter topped the rank in snatch with a 104kg lift in snatch and grabbed gold with a total lift of 226 points.
Mayur Sinhasane of Maharashtra lifted 103kg in snatch and 130kg in jerk to finish second with a total lift of 225 points.
Sinhasane was followed by M Tamil Selvan (Tamil Nadu), who managed a total lift of 205kg.
Around 100 weightlifters are taking part in different weight categories of the event that began here on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan