CWG bronze-medallist lifter strikes gold at National Games
Jamshedpur: Commonwealth Games bronze medallist V Srinivasa Rao bettered his previous record to clinch the yellow metal in the men`s 56 kg category of the 34th National Games` Weightlifting event at the Tata Auditorium here on Tuesday.
Rao, who had set a National Games record by lifting 135 kg in Jerk in the last edition in Guwahati, improved his performance by a kilogram and lifted 136kg.
The SSCB lifter topped the rank in snatch with a 104kg lift in snatch and grabbed gold with a total lift of 226 points.
Mayur Sinhasane of Maharashtra lifted 103kg in snatch and 130kg in jerk to finish second with a total lift of 225 points.
Sinhasane was followed by M Tamil Selvan (Tamil Nadu), who managed a total lift of 205kg.
Around 100 weightlifters are taking part in different weight categories of the event that began here on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list