CWG bronze-medallist lifter strikes gold at National Games
Jamshedpur: Commonwealth Games bronze medallist V Srinivasa Rao bettered his previous record to clinch the yellow metal in the men`s 56 kg category of the 34th National Games` Weightlifting event at the Tata Auditorium here on Tuesday.
Rao, who had set a National Games record by lifting 135 kg in Jerk in the last edition in Guwahati, improved his performance by a kilogram and lifted 136kg.
The SSCB lifter topped the rank in snatch with a 104kg lift in snatch and grabbed gold with a total lift of 226 points.
Mayur Sinhasane of Maharashtra lifted 103kg in snatch and 130kg in jerk to finish second with a total lift of 225 points.
Sinhasane was followed by M Tamil Selvan (Tamil Nadu), who managed a total lift of 205kg.
Around 100 weightlifters are taking part in different weight categories of the event that began here on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire