CWG bronze-medallist lifter strikes gold at National Games
Jamshedpur: Commonwealth Games bronze medallist V Srinivasa Rao bettered his previous record to clinch the yellow metal in the men`s 56 kg category of the 34th National Games` Weightlifting event at the Tata Auditorium here on Tuesday.
Rao, who had set a National Games record by lifting 135 kg in Jerk in the last edition in Guwahati, improved his performance by a kilogram and lifted 136kg.
The SSCB lifter topped the rank in snatch with a 104kg lift in snatch and grabbed gold with a total lift of 226 points.
Mayur Sinhasane of Maharashtra lifted 103kg in snatch and 130kg in jerk to finish second with a total lift of 225 points.
Sinhasane was followed by M Tamil Selvan (Tamil Nadu), who managed a total lift of 205kg.
Around 100 weightlifters are taking part in different weight categories of the event that began here on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February