CWG probe: ED may summon Bhanot
New Delhi: Widening its probe into alleged violations of the country`s forex laws in the run up to the Commonwealth Games, the Enforcement Directorate may now summon Secretary General of Organising Committee Lalit Bhanot.
Official sources said the ED, which has so far questioned four senior officials connected with the Games over alleged forex violations in awarding of overlays contracts and the Queen`s Baton relay held in London last year, will now focus on other players in the OC with the first likely to be Bhanot.
The sources said the ED had almost completed its inspection of documents relating to the Games and had questioned OC Director General V K Verma, former treasurer Jayachandran, former Joint Director General T S Darbari and former Deputy Director General Sanjay Mohindroo.
The questioning has thrown light on some of the aspects that ED wanted to know but more rounds of statements are needed, they said.
The ED is working in close coordination with the Income Tax department, which sources said, has found a number of alleged discrepancies in documents seized by it.
Meanwhile, CBI today registered two cases in connection with the alleged irregularities during the QBR and carried out searches at CWG Organising Committee`s office and at residences of some of its former officials including Darbari and Mahendroo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read