CWG Queen baton to reach Agra
Lucknow: The Queen`s baton for the 2014 Commonwealth Games (CWG) to be held in England, will be in Agra Saturday, officials said.
The baton, which will travel across 71 countries, would be received by sports associations and groups. It will cross over to Uttar Pradesh and will reach Agra later in the day.
The Uttar Pradesh Olympics Association and other members of the sports fraternity would receive the baton, which would be later received in Agra by district officials.
District Magistrate Zuher Bin Sageer and the district police chief Shalabh Mathur will receive the relay baton at the Shilpgram, after which it will enter the Taj Mahal through the eastern gate.
The Queen`s baton will return to union capital through the Yamuna Expressway in the evening.
The baton arrived in India Friday night at New Delhi and was received by Indian Olympic Association (IOA) members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'