CWG Queen baton to reach Agra
Lucknow: The Queen`s baton for the 2014 Commonwealth Games (CWG) to be held in England, will be in Agra Saturday, officials said.
The baton, which will travel across 71 countries, would be received by sports associations and groups. It will cross over to Uttar Pradesh and will reach Agra later in the day.
The Uttar Pradesh Olympics Association and other members of the sports fraternity would receive the baton, which would be later received in Agra by district officials.
District Magistrate Zuher Bin Sageer and the district police chief Shalabh Mathur will receive the relay baton at the Shilpgram, after which it will enter the Taj Mahal through the eastern gate.
The Queen`s baton will return to union capital through the Yamuna Expressway in the evening.
The baton arrived in India Friday night at New Delhi and was received by Indian Olympic Association (IOA) members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra