CWG Queen baton to reach Agra
Lucknow: The Queen`s baton for the 2014 Commonwealth Games (CWG) to be held in England, will be in Agra Saturday, officials said.
The baton, which will travel across 71 countries, would be received by sports associations and groups. It will cross over to Uttar Pradesh and will reach Agra later in the day.
The Uttar Pradesh Olympics Association and other members of the sports fraternity would receive the baton, which would be later received in Agra by district officials.
District Magistrate Zuher Bin Sageer and the district police chief Shalabh Mathur will receive the relay baton at the Shilpgram, after which it will enter the Taj Mahal through the eastern gate.
The Queen`s baton will return to union capital through the Yamuna Expressway in the evening.
The baton arrived in India Friday night at New Delhi and was received by Indian Olympic Association (IOA) members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video