CWG Queen baton to reach Agra
Lucknow: The Queen`s baton for the 2014 Commonwealth Games (CWG) to be held in England, will be in Agra Saturday, officials said.
The baton, which will travel across 71 countries, would be received by sports associations and groups. It will cross over to Uttar Pradesh and will reach Agra later in the day.
The Uttar Pradesh Olympics Association and other members of the sports fraternity would receive the baton, which would be later received in Agra by district officials.
District Magistrate Zuher Bin Sageer and the district police chief Shalabh Mathur will receive the relay baton at the Shilpgram, after which it will enter the Taj Mahal through the eastern gate.
The Queen`s baton will return to union capital through the Yamuna Expressway in the evening.
The baton arrived in India Friday night at New Delhi and was received by Indian Olympic Association (IOA) members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday