CWG: Top England athletes pull out
London: There was more embarrassment as three top English athletes, including world triple jump champion Phillips Idowu, pulled out of the Commonwealth Games scheduled to start on October 3.
Besides Idowu, the other two athletes to pull out are Christine Ohuruogu and Lisa Dobriskey.
While Idowu has concerns over security preparations for the Games, Ohuruogu and Dobriskey both have injury worries.
On his Twitter feed, Idowu he said: "Sorry people, but I have children to think about. My safety is more important to them than a medal."
All three were scheduled to participate in the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive