Cycling ace Valery Kaykov suspended for failing drug test
London: Cycling champion, Valery Kaykov has been terminated from his contract with the Rusvelo cycling management following a drug test that tested the rider positive for a banned substance. The International Cycling Union (UCI) has also removed the 24-year-old European silver medalist from the world cycling`s governing body after he tested positive for a fat-burning drug GW1516.
According to a UCI statement, Kaykov`s provisional suspension will remain in effect until the Russian Cycling Federation finds out whether or not he has violated UCI anti-doping rules. The report further added that both the cycling team and UCI have regretted the findings of a German laboratory, accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which states that a sample of Kaykov`s urine contains the banned substance, although another sample is yet to be checked for the drug.
Kaykov remains the first athlete to be suspended for using the drug after the substance has been withdrawn from research following the discovery that it is carcinogenic for rats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing