Cycling ace Valery Kaykov suspended for failing drug test
London: Cycling champion, Valery Kaykov has been terminated from his contract with the Rusvelo cycling management following a drug test that tested the rider positive for a banned substance. The International Cycling Union (UCI) has also removed the 24-year-old European silver medalist from the world cycling`s governing body after he tested positive for a fat-burning drug GW1516.
According to a UCI statement, Kaykov`s provisional suspension will remain in effect until the Russian Cycling Federation finds out whether or not he has violated UCI anti-doping rules. The report further added that both the cycling team and UCI have regretted the findings of a German laboratory, accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which states that a sample of Kaykov`s urine contains the banned substance, although another sample is yet to be checked for the drug.
Kaykov remains the first athlete to be suspended for using the drug after the substance has been withdrawn from research following the discovery that it is carcinogenic for rats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...