Cycling ace Valery Kaykov suspended for failing drug test
London: Cycling champion, Valery Kaykov has been terminated from his contract with the Rusvelo cycling management following a drug test that tested the rider positive for a banned substance. The International Cycling Union (UCI) has also removed the 24-year-old European silver medalist from the world cycling`s governing body after he tested positive for a fat-burning drug GW1516.
According to a UCI statement, Kaykov`s provisional suspension will remain in effect until the Russian Cycling Federation finds out whether or not he has violated UCI anti-doping rules. The report further added that both the cycling team and UCI have regretted the findings of a German laboratory, accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which states that a sample of Kaykov`s urine contains the banned substance, although another sample is yet to be checked for the drug.
Kaykov remains the first athlete to be suspended for using the drug after the substance has been withdrawn from research following the discovery that it is carcinogenic for rats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured
- 22 persons killed, over 23 lakh affected in Bihar floods