Cycling Marathon in Bangalore
Bangalore: The maiden edition of Vodafone Cycling Marathon, over 60 kms, will be held here Feb 9 and is expected to see around 10,000 cyclists, including 150 top cyclists, from across India.
The event is recognised by the Cycling Federation of India (CFI) and is supported by Bengaluru City traffic police.
The event will be run over four distances, 60 kms (Champion Ride), 40 kms (Passion Ride), 20 kms (Green Ride) and 10 kms (Fun Ride). The total prize money for the Champion Ride will be Rs.10 lakhs with Rs 2.5.lakhs for the winner, Rs.1.75 lakhs for second, Rs.1.25 lakhs for third and Rs.1 lakh for fourth positions.
The remaining amount will be divided among 16 consolation winners. The participants in all the four categories will be given certificate of merit and Cycling Marathon goodies.
“It is a much-needed cycling event for the city. The Cycle Federation of India extends its full support and we are very happy to get associated with Vodafone India to make this event successful,” said CFI secretary general Onkar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price