Cycling Marathon in Bangalore
Bangalore: The maiden edition of Vodafone Cycling Marathon, over 60 kms, will be held here Feb 9 and is expected to see around 10,000 cyclists, including 150 top cyclists, from across India.
The event is recognised by the Cycling Federation of India (CFI) and is supported by Bengaluru City traffic police.
The event will be run over four distances, 60 kms (Champion Ride), 40 kms (Passion Ride), 20 kms (Green Ride) and 10 kms (Fun Ride). The total prize money for the Champion Ride will be Rs.10 lakhs with Rs 2.5.lakhs for the winner, Rs.1.75 lakhs for second, Rs.1.25 lakhs for third and Rs.1 lakh for fourth positions.
The remaining amount will be divided among 16 consolation winners. The participants in all the four categories will be given certificate of merit and Cycling Marathon goodies.
“It is a much-needed cycling event for the city. The Cycle Federation of India extends its full support and we are very happy to get associated with Vodafone India to make this event successful,” said CFI secretary general Onkar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley