Cyclist Bosisio pleads innocence in dope case
Rome: Italian cyclist Gabriele Bosisio pleaded his innocence at a hearing with the Italian Olympic Committee`s Anti-doping prosecutor on Monday.
The 29-year-old LPR rider was caught by an out-of-competition test in September which detected traces of the banned blood-booster EPO.
"I`ve never taken EPO and I repeat that I am innocent," he said.
LPR was the team of Italian Danilo Di Luca, who finished second in the Tour of Italy in May only to be suspended later for failing two doping tests during the race.
Bosisio was caught thanks to the UCI`s revolutionary `biological passport`, which since its creation last year has charted the blood parameters of every professional in the world.
Blood samples taken from riders are analysed and compared to later readings on his/her passport. When anomalies appear the rider is often targeted by the UCI with a random doping control, when urine samples are usually taken.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan