Dalmiya`s son Avishek enters sports administration
Kolkata: BCCI`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya`s son Avishek has also forayed into sports adminsitration as the 31-year-old will represent Rajasthan Club in the IFA governing body.
"Avishek Dalmiya is being nominated for the governing body. There`s another new face this time with Srinjoy Bose representing Bhowanipore," IFA secretary Utpal Ganguli said today.
"They are very busy persons, so timing would be a big factor. We all seek their help and advice and see how it goes," he added.
The Junior Dalmiya, who runs the day-to-day operations of their business, has for the first time entered into the sports adminstration.
The move is seen as a first big step to getting into cricket adminstration at a time when his 73-year-old father has staged a comeback at the BCCI by being the interim chief after Board president N Srinivasan stepped aside with a pending inquiry into spot-fixing scandal.
There is a distinct possibility that Avishek will be representing Rajasthan in CAB meetings in near future which will pave the way for becoming an executive functionary of the high-profile Cricket Association of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16