Dalmiya`s son Avishek enters sports administration
Kolkata: BCCI`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya`s son Avishek has also forayed into sports adminsitration as the 31-year-old will represent Rajasthan Club in the IFA governing body.
"Avishek Dalmiya is being nominated for the governing body. There`s another new face this time with Srinjoy Bose representing Bhowanipore," IFA secretary Utpal Ganguli said today.
"They are very busy persons, so timing would be a big factor. We all seek their help and advice and see how it goes," he added.
The Junior Dalmiya, who runs the day-to-day operations of their business, has for the first time entered into the sports adminstration.
The move is seen as a first big step to getting into cricket adminstration at a time when his 73-year-old father has staged a comeback at the BCCI by being the interim chief after Board president N Srinivasan stepped aside with a pending inquiry into spot-fixing scandal.
There is a distinct possibility that Avishek will be representing Rajasthan in CAB meetings in near future which will pave the way for becoming an executive functionary of the high-profile Cricket Association of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!