Dalmiya`s son Avishek enters sports administration
Kolkata: BCCI`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya`s son Avishek has also forayed into sports adminsitration as the 31-year-old will represent Rajasthan Club in the IFA governing body.
"Avishek Dalmiya is being nominated for the governing body. There`s another new face this time with Srinjoy Bose representing Bhowanipore," IFA secretary Utpal Ganguli said today.
"They are very busy persons, so timing would be a big factor. We all seek their help and advice and see how it goes," he added.
The Junior Dalmiya, who runs the day-to-day operations of their business, has for the first time entered into the sports adminstration.
The move is seen as a first big step to getting into cricket adminstration at a time when his 73-year-old father has staged a comeback at the BCCI by being the interim chief after Board president N Srinivasan stepped aside with a pending inquiry into spot-fixing scandal.
There is a distinct possibility that Avishek will be representing Rajasthan in CAB meetings in near future which will pave the way for becoming an executive functionary of the high-profile Cricket Association of Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert