Dara Singh`s demise an irreparable loss: WFI
New Delhi: Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhushan Singh on Thursday condoled the death of the legendary Dara Singh, saying that his demise is an "irreparable loss".
"Sh. Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, MP, President, Wrestling Federation of India expressed his sincere grief and sorrow over the sad demise of renowned Punjabi wrestler and Bollywood actor Dara Singh after a prolonged illness this morning," the WFI said in a statement.
Singh said the wrestling fraternity has lost a personality who earned name and fame in the field of wrestling at National and International level.
Singh also said Dara Singh, 84, will always have a special place in "our hearts for his immense contribution to the Indian Wrestling."
WFI General Secretary Raj Singh also expressed "heart-felt sympathies with the members of the bereaved family."
"The Wrestling Federation of India and the entire wrestling fraternity express their sincere grief and sorrow on his sad demise," he said.
Meanwhile, former president of the federation Dushyant Sharma also condoled the demise of the wrestler-turned-actor.
Sharma said Dara Singh was an inspirational figure for the budding grapplers of the country and insisted that he would continue to be a role model for the generations to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price