David Beckham trying to recruit LeBron James as investor for MLS team
New York: Former England international David Beckham is reportedly trying to recruit Miami Heat star LeBron James to invest in his Major League Soccer (MLS) team, which the footie is planning to launch in Miami.
A Miami source reportedly revealed that the Beckham and James had several meetings in the past few weeks, which hints that the American basketball player may soon be one of Beckham`s investors.
Beckham has already invested 100 million-dollars of his 300 million-dollars net worth into his latest venture and the source reckons that the former Manchester United star does not need James` money, the New York Post reported.
The source said that Beckham needs James to create excitement and buzz for his new venture.
The football ace could also reportedly make use of the talents of James` marketing partner Maverick Carter, whose LRMR firm has signed the biggest star in college football, Johnny Manziel.
Beckham reportedly admitted that James is a friend, so they speak as friends about what they are doing, but added that they were also speaking as great businessmen.
The former striker announced in March that he had landed the Miami soccer franchise with `American Idol` creator Simon Fuller and Bolivian billionaire Marcelo Claure, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt