David Haye and Tyson Fury set for slugfest in `Battle of Britain` come September
London: Boxers David Haye and Tyson Fury have confirmed that they would fight each other in a heavyweight showdown in Manchester on September 28.
According to The Guardian, the official details of the fight will be announced at a press conference scheduled for London on Thursday. The announcement comes one day after Haye posted a video on social media sites purporting to show him signing a contract for the hotly anticipated contest, the report said.
The report added that the fight is being tipped as not only the biggest heavyweight encounter of 2013 but also the biggest fight staged in Britain for many years. Tyson Fury has won all 21 of his professional contests, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened