David Haye and Tyson Fury set for slugfest in `Battle of Britain` come September
London: Boxers David Haye and Tyson Fury have confirmed that they would fight each other in a heavyweight showdown in Manchester on September 28.
According to The Guardian, the official details of the fight will be announced at a press conference scheduled for London on Thursday. The announcement comes one day after Haye posted a video on social media sites purporting to show him signing a contract for the hotly anticipated contest, the report said.
The report added that the fight is being tipped as not only the biggest heavyweight encounter of 2013 but also the biggest fight staged in Britain for many years. Tyson Fury has won all 21 of his professional contests, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route