David Haye and Tyson Fury set for slugfest in `Battle of Britain` come September
London: Boxers David Haye and Tyson Fury have confirmed that they would fight each other in a heavyweight showdown in Manchester on September 28.
According to The Guardian, the official details of the fight will be announced at a press conference scheduled for London on Thursday. The announcement comes one day after Haye posted a video on social media sites purporting to show him signing a contract for the hotly anticipated contest, the report said.
The report added that the fight is being tipped as not only the biggest heavyweight encounter of 2013 but also the biggest fight staged in Britain for many years. Tyson Fury has won all 21 of his professional contests, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble