Deborah sizzles on final day of Track Asia Cup
New Delhi: Teen cyclist Deborah clinched another gold medal at the ACC Track Asia Cup while the pair of V G Parvathy and Rutuja claimed bronze in senior women`s category as India finished the event with a rich haul of six medals in Thailand.
Talented junior rider Deborah, who earlier grabbed gold in 500m Time Trial, won the individual Sprint title while the bronze medal came in team Sprint on the final day of the continental event yesterday.
The Indian contingent returned home today after delivering their best-ever performance in an international cycling competition -- winning two gold, three silver and a bronze -- in the three-day long event.
India had won two silver and two bronze at the home Asian championship in March.
Meanwhile, Deborah and her compatriot Manorama Devi, who got two silver medals in Scratch and Point races, rejoined their overseas training camp in Korea.
Haryana`s Dilawar Singh, who opened India`s account at the Asian event, said he had practiced hard for the event and was happy to win silver in only his fourth international competition.
"I was confident going in to the Asia Cup as I had prepared well. I had targeted a medal in my event (Point race) and was happy to deliver a silver. This is my first medal and hope I can deliver more for the country," said Dilawar, who hails from Tigri Khalsa in Kurukshetra district.
"Nothing conclusive came out of the meeting; the opinion of the members present were divided on the course of action being suggested. Questions were raised on the complete change of heart of Brig Raja as he was the one who conducted the elections in September last year as the Secretary General.
"Moreover he was the one who proposed the name of Mr Abhishek Matoria for the post of the President," Bhandari added.
Bhandari claimed that there was no need for an interim committee as the federation would be holding the re-election. He questioned the need to have a meeting of the state units.
"...When IBF is on the same page as AIBA to conduct fresh elections, the motives and purpose of this meeting come into question, especially when the Federation is so close to getting the matter sorted.
"Also as directed by AIBA the soon to be conducted IBF election will be in presence of an Electoral Returning Officer appointed by AIBA and the world body may/might send its observers to witness/conduct the meetings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?