Deepika finishes 2nd in qualification Rd in recurve event
New Delhi: Ace archer Deepika Kumari finished second while Tarundeep Rai ended on top in women`s and men`s senior division recurve qualification round on the opening day of the 3rd National Ranking tournament here on Friday.
Deepika ended the day on 1327 points in the four-event senior women`s recurve contest held under hot and humid conditions and heavy winds at the Yamuna Sports Complex here. Rimil Buriuly was ahead of Deepika on 1331 points.
London Olympian Deepika, representing Steel Plant Sports Board, shot 325 in 70m event while she garnered 329, 326 and 347 points in 60m, 50m and 30m events.
Dola Banerjee, Bombayla Devi and Chekrovolu Swuro were third, fourth and fifth on 1319, 1313 and 1303 points respectively.
In the senior men`s recurve, Rai, representing Services, was on top with 1341 points followed by Mangal Singh Champia (1316), Atanu Das (1316), Jayanta Talukdar (1315), Amardeep Kerketta (1313) and Rahul Banerjeer (1303).
Top 16 archers in each senior category will make it to the elimination round which starts from tomorrow.
This is the third of the national ranking tournament series which will be considered for the selection of the Indian players for the third leg of the archery World Cup to be held in Columbia next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users