Deepika Kumar named `sportsperson of the year` by steel major
Jamshedpur: Ace woman archer Deepika Kumar was on Sunday named `Sportsperson of the year` by Tata Steel for her outstanding achievements.
The announcement was made by Tata Steel on the occasion of 174th birth anniversary of its founder Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata on Sunday.
It was the third consecutive time when Deepika, who recently topped the National Senior Ranking Archery Tournament held in Hyderabad, was given the honour.
Deepika, who has decided to skip the forthcoming Asian Grand Prix scheduled to be held from March 9 to 15 at Bangkok due to her ongoing intermediate examination, was not present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?