Deepika Kumar named `sportsperson of the year` by steel major
Jamshedpur: Ace woman archer Deepika Kumar was on Sunday named `Sportsperson of the year` by Tata Steel for her outstanding achievements.
The announcement was made by Tata Steel on the occasion of 174th birth anniversary of its founder Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata on Sunday.
It was the third consecutive time when Deepika, who recently topped the National Senior Ranking Archery Tournament held in Hyderabad, was given the honour.
Deepika, who has decided to skip the forthcoming Asian Grand Prix scheduled to be held from March 9 to 15 at Bangkok due to her ongoing intermediate examination, was not present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family