Deepika Kumari breaks down after intense media pressure for interviews
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Archer Deepika Kumari was on Tuesday left in tears after her triumphant return to India from Poland where she captained Indian women’s recurve team that won gold medal at the World Cup Stage IV.
Deepika along with her teammates was being felicitated by the Archery Association of India. After the conclusion of it, she was approached by several reporters for exclusive interviews. However, she insisted on only giving bytes rather than one-on-one talk but the reporters insisted.
Unable to cope up with the pressure, she broke down.
The archery team of Bombayla Devi, Deepika Kumari and Rimil Buriuly returned to India on Tuesday morning following their victory over South Korea in the final of the women’s recurve event on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!