Deepika Kumari breaks down after intense media pressure for interviews
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Archer Deepika Kumari was on Tuesday left in tears after her triumphant return to India from Poland where she captained Indian women’s recurve team that won gold medal at the World Cup Stage IV.
Deepika along with her teammates was being felicitated by the Archery Association of India. After the conclusion of it, she was approached by several reporters for exclusive interviews. However, she insisted on only giving bytes rather than one-on-one talk but the reporters insisted.
Unable to cope up with the pressure, she broke down.
The archery team of Bombayla Devi, Deepika Kumari and Rimil Buriuly returned to India on Tuesday morning following their victory over South Korea in the final of the women’s recurve event on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today