Deepika Kumari honoured by Tata Steel
Jamshedpur: Tata Steel felicitated ace archer Deepika Kumari on her return here after clinching the silver medal at the World Cup in Tokyo.
Deepika`s success at the World Cup comes just after a month of her being conferred with the prestigious Arjuna Award.
On the occasion Deepika said: "It`s always a great pleasure to receive encouragement and support from Tata Steel in all my endeavours. This encouragement will keep me going in my all future work in my sport."
Deepika won gold at the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games in the individual event and won a bronze in the team event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'