Deepika Kumari settles for silver in Archery World Cup
Tokyo: India's top archer Deepika Kumari settled for a silver medal after losing to World No.1 Bo Bae Ki of South Korea in the World Cup Final here Sunday.
Deepika, who slipped to the number two spot in the rankings following her shocking first round loss in the London Olympics last month, gave the South Korean a tough fight before going down 4-6.
It turned out to be a low-scoring tie with Ki's 28 in third end being the highest score. Deepika shot a 27 in the second end for her best score in the match.
Another South Korean, Hyeonju Choi, secured the bronze defeating America's Jennifer Nichols 6-4 in the third place play-off.
Deepika had beaten Nichols in the semifinals following her win over Miki Kanie of Japan in the last eight stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing