Deepika, Priyank make quarterfinal exits in Archery World Cup
Kolkata: India`s hope for a medal in the individual section went up in smoke as Deepika Kumari and Priyank made quarterfinal exits in the Archery World Cup Stage 4 at Wroclaw, Poland on Thursday.
According to information received here, rookie Priyank had a dream run before being overpowered by Korean heavyweight Jae Wang Jin by 4-6 margin in the recurve men`s individual event.
Both archers were locked 4-4 before the Korean wrapped the issue winning the decider by 29-26 margin to enter semis.
Priyank, who had qualified as 21st seed, had earlier stunned fifth seed Thomas Aubert of France in the pre-quarters.
India`s best medal hope Deepika on the other hand succumbed meekly to Korean top seed Ok Hee Yun 2-6 to bow out of the recurve women`s individual event.
Ok-Hee, who won a team gold and an individual bronze at the Beijing Olympics, took a commanding 4-0 lead before Deepika came back in the third end to make it 4-2.
The Asian Games triple gold medallist however denied Deepika`s fresh attempt to come back by winning the fourth end 29-28 to settle the issue 6-2.
India`s hope for a medal will now be in the team events that get underway tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam