Deepika qualifies 10th for elimination Rd in recurve event
New Delhi: Ace Indian archer Deepika Kumari qualified 10th for the main elimination round of the women`s individual recurve event in the World Archery Championships at Belek in Turkey on Monday.
Deepika shot a total of 1345 points from 144 arrows in the qualifying event which was topped by Bo Bae Ki of Korea (1376 points).
Deepika`s compatriots Dola Banerjee finished at 49th on 1300 points while comeback woman Chekrovolu Swuro was 71st on 1283 points.
India qualified 12th in women`s recurve team event with 3928 points. Korea topped the qualifying chart with 4106 points.
In women`s individual compound qualifying event, Jyothi Surekha Vennam finished sixth with 684 points from 72 arrows while compatriots Trisha Deb (680) and Jhano Hansdah (645) were 15th and 69th respectively.
The Indian trio qualified 10th in the women`s compound team event with 2009 points.
In men`s individual compound qualifying event, Abhishek Verma was the highsst-ranked Indian at 31st with 698 points from 72 arrows. Rajat Chauhan (693) and Sandeep Kumar (691) were 46th and 56th respectively.
India finished 13th in the men`s team compound qualifying event at 13th with 2082 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees