Delhi beat Punjab 7-5 in high-voltage WSH match
New Delhi: Pakistan dragflicker Shakeel Abbasi notched up a hattrick as Delhi Wizards eked out a thrilling 7-5 victory over Sher-E-Punjab in their last match of the World Series Hockey on Friday.
In a high-voltage match, Abbasi (37th, 42nd, 60th) scored thrice, while Vivek Gupta (28th, 53rd) notched up two field goals and Victo Singh (13th) and Rajpal Singh (57th) too sounded the board to give Delhi a moral-boosting win at the Dhyan Chand National Stadium here.
For this victory, Delhi finished their campaign at the fifth position behind Pune Strykers.
For Punjab, who has already qualfied for the semifinals, Prabhjot Singh was the hero as he blasted three goals at the 30th, 67th and 69th minute to conjure up some hope for his team.
Gagandeep Singh (8th) and Karmjit Singh (52nd) also scored two field goals to help his team`s cause but it was not enough in the end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'