Delhi beat Punjab 7-5 in high-voltage WSH match
New Delhi: Pakistan dragflicker Shakeel Abbasi notched up a hattrick as Delhi Wizards eked out a thrilling 7-5 victory over Sher-E-Punjab in their last match of the World Series Hockey on Friday.
In a high-voltage match, Abbasi (37th, 42nd, 60th) scored thrice, while Vivek Gupta (28th, 53rd) notched up two field goals and Victo Singh (13th) and Rajpal Singh (57th) too sounded the board to give Delhi a moral-boosting win at the Dhyan Chand National Stadium here.
For this victory, Delhi finished their campaign at the fifth position behind Pune Strykers.
For Punjab, who has already qualfied for the semifinals, Prabhjot Singh was the hero as he blasted three goals at the 30th, 67th and 69th minute to conjure up some hope for his team.
Gagandeep Singh (8th) and Karmjit Singh (52nd) also scored two field goals to help his team`s cause but it was not enough in the end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details