Delhi Half Marathon tops world Road Running events in 2011
New Delhi: Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2011 has been ranked as the world`s top road running event, according to a competition rankings released by an athletics website.
The Ras Al Khaimah International Half Marathon (UAE) was ranked second, while the Philadelphia Rock `n` Roll Hal Marathon (USA) was adjudged third in the All-Athletics.com competition ranking released on Thursday.
The Road Running competitions were ranked in three different categories -- Combined ranking of the Men`s and Women`s races, Men`s Road Running ranking and Women`s Road Running ranking -- and the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon was adjudged No. 1 in the all the three categories.
The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2011, an IAAF Gold Label event and also the world`s most prestigious half marathon, offered a purse of USD 210,000 and had attracted some of the world`s biggest names in distance running.
Ethiopia`s Lelisa Desisa won the men`s overall title in 59.30 minutes, while the women`s title was bagged by Kenyan Lucy Kabuu in a time of 67.04 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon