Delhi Half Marathon tops world Road Running events in 2011
New Delhi: Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2011 has been ranked as the world`s top road running event, according to a competition rankings released by an athletics website.
The Ras Al Khaimah International Half Marathon (UAE) was ranked second, while the Philadelphia Rock `n` Roll Hal Marathon (USA) was adjudged third in the All-Athletics.com competition ranking released on Thursday.
The Road Running competitions were ranked in three different categories -- Combined ranking of the Men`s and Women`s races, Men`s Road Running ranking and Women`s Road Running ranking -- and the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon was adjudged No. 1 in the all the three categories.
The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2011, an IAAF Gold Label event and also the world`s most prestigious half marathon, offered a purse of USD 210,000 and had attracted some of the world`s biggest names in distance running.
Ethiopia`s Lelisa Desisa won the men`s overall title in 59.30 minutes, while the women`s title was bagged by Kenyan Lucy Kabuu in a time of 67.04 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore