Delhi Half Marathon tops world Road Running events in 2011
New Delhi: Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2011 has been ranked as the world`s top road running event, according to a competition rankings released by an athletics website.
The Ras Al Khaimah International Half Marathon (UAE) was ranked second, while the Philadelphia Rock `n` Roll Hal Marathon (USA) was adjudged third in the All-Athletics.com competition ranking released on Thursday.
The Road Running competitions were ranked in three different categories -- Combined ranking of the Men`s and Women`s races, Men`s Road Running ranking and Women`s Road Running ranking -- and the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon was adjudged No. 1 in the all the three categories.
The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2011, an IAAF Gold Label event and also the world`s most prestigious half marathon, offered a purse of USD 210,000 and had attracted some of the world`s biggest names in distance running.
Ethiopia`s Lelisa Desisa won the men`s overall title in 59.30 minutes, while the women`s title was bagged by Kenyan Lucy Kabuu in a time of 67.04 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress