Delhi register third straight win in sub-junior hockey
Vadodara: Delhi successfully registered its third consecutive in the sub-junior men`s hockey national championship defeating Himachal Pradesh 2-1 here today.
The first half of the match saw its first goal coming in the 14th minute through Delhi`s Nitin Ram.
In the second half, Delhi doubled their lead in the 41st minute through Mohit Anand`s field goal before Himachal Pradesh`s Prakash Chand netted one in the 44th minute.
In a Pool A match, Bihar registered their second consecutive win by defeating Assam by 4-3.
Results: Pool B: Hockey Delhi 2 Nitin Ram (14 min) and Mohit Anand (41 min) Vs. Hockey Himachal Pradesh 1 Prakash Chand (44 min). Pool A: Hockey Bihar 4 Subhash Sanga (10 min), Padeya Munda (56 min), Samir Minz (63 min) and Anthony Mundu (70 min) Vs. Hockey Assam 3 Manish Sahani (9 and 58 min) and Nazrul Islam (7 min). Pool C: Bengal Hockey Association 2 Captian Nadim Hossen Saikh (9 and 55 min) Vs. Hockey Uttarakhand 1 Sarik Ali (18 min). Pool D: Hockey Gujarat 2 Amal Mathew (23min), Virj Sisodiya PC (7min) Vs. Mumbai Hockey Association 1 Hemant Fadikar (9 min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!