Delhi register third straight win in sub-junior hockey
Vadodara: Delhi successfully registered its third consecutive in the sub-junior men`s hockey national championship defeating Himachal Pradesh 2-1 here today.
The first half of the match saw its first goal coming in the 14th minute through Delhi`s Nitin Ram.
In the second half, Delhi doubled their lead in the 41st minute through Mohit Anand`s field goal before Himachal Pradesh`s Prakash Chand netted one in the 44th minute.
In a Pool A match, Bihar registered their second consecutive win by defeating Assam by 4-3.
Results: Pool B: Hockey Delhi 2 Nitin Ram (14 min) and Mohit Anand (41 min) Vs. Hockey Himachal Pradesh 1 Prakash Chand (44 min). Pool A: Hockey Bihar 4 Subhash Sanga (10 min), Padeya Munda (56 min), Samir Minz (63 min) and Anthony Mundu (70 min) Vs. Hockey Assam 3 Manish Sahani (9 and 58 min) and Nazrul Islam (7 min). Pool C: Bengal Hockey Association 2 Captian Nadim Hossen Saikh (9 and 55 min) Vs. Hockey Uttarakhand 1 Sarik Ali (18 min). Pool D: Hockey Gujarat 2 Amal Mathew (23min), Virj Sisodiya PC (7min) Vs. Mumbai Hockey Association 1 Hemant Fadikar (9 min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister