Delhi register third straight win in sub-junior hockey
Vadodara: Delhi successfully registered its third consecutive in the sub-junior men`s hockey national championship defeating Himachal Pradesh 2-1 here today.
The first half of the match saw its first goal coming in the 14th minute through Delhi`s Nitin Ram.
In the second half, Delhi doubled their lead in the 41st minute through Mohit Anand`s field goal before Himachal Pradesh`s Prakash Chand netted one in the 44th minute.
In a Pool A match, Bihar registered their second consecutive win by defeating Assam by 4-3.
Results: Pool B: Hockey Delhi 2 Nitin Ram (14 min) and Mohit Anand (41 min) Vs. Hockey Himachal Pradesh 1 Prakash Chand (44 min). Pool A: Hockey Bihar 4 Subhash Sanga (10 min), Padeya Munda (56 min), Samir Minz (63 min) and Anthony Mundu (70 min) Vs. Hockey Assam 3 Manish Sahani (9 and 58 min) and Nazrul Islam (7 min). Pool C: Bengal Hockey Association 2 Captian Nadim Hossen Saikh (9 and 55 min) Vs. Hockey Uttarakhand 1 Sarik Ali (18 min). Pool D: Hockey Gujarat 2 Amal Mathew (23min), Virj Sisodiya PC (7min) Vs. Mumbai Hockey Association 1 Hemant Fadikar (9 min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi