Delhi to take on winless Mumbai on Saturday
Mumbai: Laggards Mumbai Magicians would desperately look for a win against table-toppers Delhi Waveriders when they clash in their penultimate Hockey India League home tie, here on Saturday.
The Mumbai franchise, last edition`s wooden spoonists, would be rejuvenated after a long break but face a formidable task against the Sardar Singh-led Waveriders. Mumbai, who are to clash with Kalinga Lancers on Sunday to complete their home engagements, have been consistently poor barring a few games which includes their first leg tie against Delhi which they narrowly lost.
The Delhi outfit had earned a hard-fought 2-1 victory over the Magicians on their home turf.
Despite being in control for most part of the match the Magicians allowed the Waveriders to take the game away in the last few minutes.
"We will go out and play well tomorrow. It is very much important for us to win and will try not repeating the mistakes in our game against Delhi Waveriders and the team has been working on that," said Mumbai coach M K Kaushik.
"I agree that the advantage will be with Delhi Waveriders as they have already qualified for the semifinals, hence they can go easy for tomorrow?s game but it`s very much important for us to win tomorrow," Kaushik added.
Magicians skipper Glenn Turner said they would like to end the season on a better note by securing a win.
"We are practicing hard and making our full effort to perform well in our next match against Delhi Waveriders. We definitely want to win tomorrow`s game. It will be good for us to finish the tournament on a stronger note," the Aussie said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir