Denmark vies to host Kabaddi World Cup
Copenhagen: Kabaddi Federation of Denmark is vying to host the Kabaddi World Cup here in the near future.
Federation head Allan Bo Jakobsen aims to host the World Cup and hopes to get financial support from National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark for development and promotion of this sport.
"I was glad to note the vision of Sukhbir Singh Badal (deputy chief minister of Punjab) for development of this sport and under his vision and extensive cooperation of Puneet Singh Chandhok, an international promoter of this sport, we were able to take this goal forward," Jakobsen said Friday.
Punjab is set to host the third edition of the international cycle Kabaddi World Cup Dec 1 to 15.
During Jakobsen`s visit to Punjab during the tournament, he is expected to hold talks with all participating countries to form an international road-map for the development of Kabaddi.
Denmark is scheduled to participate in the World Cup.
The first two editions of the tournament were also held in Punjab, with India winning both times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan