Denmark vies to host Kabaddi World Cup
Copenhagen: Kabaddi Federation of Denmark is vying to host the Kabaddi World Cup here in the near future.
Federation head Allan Bo Jakobsen aims to host the World Cup and hopes to get financial support from National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark for development and promotion of this sport.
"I was glad to note the vision of Sukhbir Singh Badal (deputy chief minister of Punjab) for development of this sport and under his vision and extensive cooperation of Puneet Singh Chandhok, an international promoter of this sport, we were able to take this goal forward," Jakobsen said Friday.
Punjab is set to host the third edition of the international cycle Kabaddi World Cup Dec 1 to 15.
During Jakobsen`s visit to Punjab during the tournament, he is expected to hold talks with all participating countries to form an international road-map for the development of Kabaddi.
Denmark is scheduled to participate in the World Cup.
The first two editions of the tournament were also held in Punjab, with India winning both times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!