Dereck Chisora continues winning streak with victory over Ondrej Pala
London: British boxer Dereck Chisora has defeated Czech opponent Ondrej Pala with a third-round stoppage in London, ensuring a successful defence of his WBO International title and winning the vacant WBA International belt.
The referee stepped in after Chisora forced Pala to turn his back with a succession of fierce blows, following which the match was handed over to Chisora, a victory which was his fourth stoppage of the year.
According to the BBC, Chisora hailed Pala for his `fair play`, saying that the Czech did not hurt him despite hitting him with some good shots, adding that he is now pushing for a big opponent, one who can test him.
The report mentioned that Pala was not expected to cause Chisora many problems, but he rocked the Briton with a heavy left hand in the second round, although Chisora responded well in the third to land some heavy shots to head and body which took their toll on Pala, who could not respond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued