Dereck Chisora continues winning streak with victory over Ondrej Pala
London: British boxer Dereck Chisora has defeated Czech opponent Ondrej Pala with a third-round stoppage in London, ensuring a successful defence of his WBO International title and winning the vacant WBA International belt.
The referee stepped in after Chisora forced Pala to turn his back with a succession of fierce blows, following which the match was handed over to Chisora, a victory which was his fourth stoppage of the year.
According to the BBC, Chisora hailed Pala for his `fair play`, saying that the Czech did not hurt him despite hitting him with some good shots, adding that he is now pushing for a big opponent, one who can test him.
The report mentioned that Pala was not expected to cause Chisora many problems, but he rocked the Briton with a heavy left hand in the second round, although Chisora responded well in the third to land some heavy shots to head and body which took their toll on Pala, who could not respond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine
- Indian Premier League: Crisis-hit Rising Pune Supergiants sign former Kings XI Punjab skipper George Bailey
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!
- I have no PM ambitions, united alliance is the need of the hour: Nitish Kumar
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March