Devendro rises to 2nd, Manoj 6th in AIBA rankings
New Delhi: Commonwealth Games gold-medallist Manoj Kumar was the biggest mover as he broke into the top-10 at sixth but rising star L Devendro Singh was the best-placed Indian at second in the latest International Boxing Association (AIBA) rankings here.
The 20-year-old Devendro (49kg), who won a silver medal at the Asian Championships last month, has risen three rungs to be second with 1550 points behind Russia`s David Ayrapetyan.
Shiva Thapa (56kg), who won a gold at the Asian Championships, remained steady at fourth.
Manoj (64kg), who settled for a bronze at the same event, was 21st in the previous list but has gained significantly to break into top-10 with 800 points.
In other categories, World Championships bronze-medallist Vikas Krishan (69kg) held on to the seventh spot.
Former Olympic bronze-medallist Vijender Singh also gained a couple of positions to be 12th with 500 points in the middleweight 75kg category.
In the women`s rankings, London Olympics bronze-medallist M C Mary Kom (51kg) kept her third position in the list with 2050 points.
In the 60kg division, Asian Championships silver-medallist L Sarita Devi`s position was also unchanged at seventh with 800.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth