‘Devout’ Pacquiao’s faith helps him focus on boxing
London: Boxing’s only eight-division world champion, Manny Pacquiao, who is a devout Catholic, has put aside distractions like drinking, gambling and girls to concentrate more on his life inside ring.
Pacquiao has turned more religious, which has helped him focus more on his game, and doesn’t see any paradox between his faith and the gladiatorial violence of the business he has mastered to brutal perfection.
The Pac Man said he loves everyone on this planet, including his next opponent for the welterweight championship Tim Bradley.
“I love Tim Bradley as a person and like a brother, as I have learned to love everyone. That does not alter just because our job is to hurt each other,” a daily quoted Pacquiao, as saying.
Pacquiao expresses similar Christian fellowship for the man the whole world wants to see him engage in boxing`s first 200 million pound fight.
He is undecided whether to pay a prison visit to his rival for the mythical title of best pound-for-pound fighter on earth but says: “I will pray for him, as I pray for Bradley and all my opponents.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users