‘Devout’ Pacquiao’s faith helps him focus on boxing
London: Boxing’s only eight-division world champion, Manny Pacquiao, who is a devout Catholic, has put aside distractions like drinking, gambling and girls to concentrate more on his life inside ring.
Pacquiao has turned more religious, which has helped him focus more on his game, and doesn’t see any paradox between his faith and the gladiatorial violence of the business he has mastered to brutal perfection.
The Pac Man said he loves everyone on this planet, including his next opponent for the welterweight championship Tim Bradley.
“I love Tim Bradley as a person and like a brother, as I have learned to love everyone. That does not alter just because our job is to hurt each other,” a daily quoted Pacquiao, as saying.
Pacquiao expresses similar Christian fellowship for the man the whole world wants to see him engage in boxing`s first 200 million pound fight.
He is undecided whether to pay a prison visit to his rival for the mythical title of best pound-for-pound fighter on earth but says: “I will pray for him, as I pray for Bradley and all my opponents.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls