Dhanraj hails `lifeline` given to Sandeep, Sardara
Mumbai: Former India skipper Dhanraj Pillay on Saturday welcomed Hockey India`s decision to lift the two-year ban imposed on drag-flicker Sandeep Singh and mid-fielder Sardara Singh.
"I want to wish Hockey India for instantly waiving off the ban on the two players," he told reporters on the sidelines of the India International Sports Summit organized by TranStadia.
"When we won the Asian championship, I felt that the team was on the right track. One big incentive is that Sardara Singh and Sandeep Singh have been recalled," the four-time Olympian said.
Hockey India had earlier this week lifted the two-year ban imposed on Sandeep and Sardara, saying the two players were being given "a last chance" to make amends for their mistakes.
The two players were banned for two years by HI`s Disciplinary Committee for repeatedly indulging in indisciplinary acts after they quit midway the national camp in Bangalore last month ahead of the Asian Champions Trophy, citing personal reasons.
Dhanraj said the feud between Hockey India and the Indian Hockey Federation was hurting the players.
"Players are suffering due to the rivalry between Hockey India and the Indian Hockey Federation. I have requested Sports Minister Ajay Maken to find a solution to this. Because of it many players could not decide whether they should join the World Series Hockey," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened