Dharambir provisionally suspended by the AFI
Hyderabad: Athlete Dharambir Singh of Haryana, who won the men`s 100m in National Inter-State Senior Athletics championships on Saturday, is provisionally suspended by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), pending enquiry, for evading dope test.
Announcing the suspension, President of AFI, Adille J Sumariwalla, on Sunday said strong action will be taken against the erring athlete and the Federation will not tolerate the doping-menace.
The President added that in future action will not only be taken on the athletes but their respective coaches also.
Yesterday, Dharambir (21), who is a 200m specialist, entered in the men`s 100m at eleventh hour. His 10.69s clocking, fastest among the qualifying heats in the morning, sent a warning to other top-rung athletes who had assembled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir