Dharambir provisionally suspended by the AFI
Hyderabad: Athlete Dharambir Singh of Haryana, who won the men`s 100m in National Inter-State Senior Athletics championships on Saturday, is provisionally suspended by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), pending enquiry, for evading dope test.
Announcing the suspension, President of AFI, Adille J Sumariwalla, on Sunday said strong action will be taken against the erring athlete and the Federation will not tolerate the doping-menace.
The President added that in future action will not only be taken on the athletes but their respective coaches also.
Yesterday, Dharambir (21), who is a 200m specialist, entered in the men`s 100m at eleventh hour. His 10.69s clocking, fastest among the qualifying heats in the morning, sent a warning to other top-rung athletes who had assembled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read