Dhoni`s Superbike Championship Team signs 2 new drivers
Mumbai: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s Superbike Championship Team today changed its name from MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India and signed two new members.
"We plan to open a riding school. And hopefully one day, we can see an Indian driver on our bikes," Dhoni said.
The renamed team has signed up world champion Kenan Sofouglu and former world champion Fabien Foret, at a glittering event here.
Sofouglu is a Turkish driver having won the championship three times in 2007, 2010 and the recently-concluded season with the Kawaski team after the Portuguese Grand Prix. He also raced in the World Superbike Championship for Ten Kate, but with little success.
Foret, the French driver, is a 2002 world champion. At the end of 2008, he had 24 podium finishes, including 11 wins and 12 pole positions.
MSD R-N Racing Team India had debuted in the 600cc class as India`s first FIM World Superbike Championship Team.
Despite its entry, mid-way into the season, the team put up a strong performance, peaking at the final race at Magny Cours, France with its rider Dan Linfoot pulling off a podium finish.
The Superbike championship will make its India debut in March next year, at the Buddh International Circuit.
With the new riders, the team is aiming for the championship, when they participate in their first full season at the 2013 World Superbike Championship.
The retained drivers (Dan Linfoot, Florian Marino) and new drivers will also test the Kawasaki ZX-6R during the official winter testing session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why