Dhoni`s Superbike Championship Team signs 2 new drivers
Mumbai: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s Superbike Championship Team today changed its name from MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India and signed two new members.
"We plan to open a riding school. And hopefully one day, we can see an Indian driver on our bikes," Dhoni said.
The renamed team has signed up world champion Kenan Sofouglu and former world champion Fabien Foret, at a glittering event here.
Sofouglu is a Turkish driver having won the championship three times in 2007, 2010 and the recently-concluded season with the Kawaski team after the Portuguese Grand Prix. He also raced in the World Superbike Championship for Ten Kate, but with little success.
Foret, the French driver, is a 2002 world champion. At the end of 2008, he had 24 podium finishes, including 11 wins and 12 pole positions.
MSD R-N Racing Team India had debuted in the 600cc class as India`s first FIM World Superbike Championship Team.
Despite its entry, mid-way into the season, the team put up a strong performance, peaking at the final race at Magny Cours, France with its rider Dan Linfoot pulling off a podium finish.
The Superbike championship will make its India debut in March next year, at the Buddh International Circuit.
With the new riders, the team is aiming for the championship, when they participate in their first full season at the 2013 World Superbike Championship.
The retained drivers (Dan Linfoot, Florian Marino) and new drivers will also test the Kawasaki ZX-6R during the official winter testing session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds
- 0.50% cut in policy rate by March quarter: Morgan Stanley