Dipika enters second round at World Open
New Delhi: India`s top squash player Dipika Pallikal made a winning start at the World Open in Grand Cayman island in the Caribbean.
Pallikal, ranked 10th, won a tough first round match Sunday against Malaysian qualifier Delia Arnold 13-11, 11-9, 11-9, according to reports received here Monday.
The Indian next faces world No.2 Raneem El Weleily in the $188,000 event. Dipika is yet to win against the Egyptian but their two meetings have gone down to the wire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened