Dipika, Ghosal exit from KL Open Squash
Kuala Lumpur: India`s top squash players Dipika Pallikal and Saurav Ghosal lost their respective matches in the KL Open on Thursday.
World No.15 Dipika stretched No.8 Jenny Duncalf to four games before losing 9-11, 5-11, 11-6, 4-11 in the pre-quarterfinals at the National Squash Centre here. The Indian had her moments in the 48-minute contest but it was not enough to trouble her experienced opponent. It was Dipika`s fourth loss against the former World No.2.
Duncalf next faces local favourite and top-ranked Nicol David in the quarterfinals on Friday.
Earlier Thursday, Ghosal squandered a 2-1 lead against higher-ranked Tarek Momen to lose 6-11, 11-8, 11-5, 6-11, 5-11 in the men`s first round. It was the second time in three meetings that 19th-ranked Ghosal has lost to Egypt`s World No.11 in five games.
The Egyptian plays Spain`s Borja Golan in the last-eight stage on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what