Dipika Pallikal bags first top-10 scalp at KL Open
Kuala Lumpur: India`s squash star Dipika Pallikal defeated higher-ranked Kasey Brown of Australia for a place in the quarterfinals at the Nicol David KL Open here Wednesday. It was her first win against a top-10 player.
Dipika, ranked 15th, got the better of World No.7 Kasey 11-6, 11-7, 11-9 in the opening round. The 20-year-old made it to the main draw of the $70,000 event after getting through two tough qualifying matches.
"First win over a top 10 player. Beat Kasey whose World number 7. Quarters tomorrow against World number 1. Big day ahead," tweeted Dipika.
She next plays World No.1 and local favourite Nicol David Thursday.
David defeated another Australian Donna Urquhart 11-5, 11-5, 11-6 in a little over half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai