Dipika Pallikal bags first top-10 scalp at KL Open
Kuala Lumpur: India`s squash star Dipika Pallikal defeated higher-ranked Kasey Brown of Australia for a place in the quarterfinals at the Nicol David KL Open here Wednesday. It was her first win against a top-10 player.
Dipika, ranked 15th, got the better of World No.7 Kasey 11-6, 11-7, 11-9 in the opening round. The 20-year-old made it to the main draw of the $70,000 event after getting through two tough qualifying matches.
"First win over a top 10 player. Beat Kasey whose World number 7. Quarters tomorrow against World number 1. Big day ahead," tweeted Dipika.
She next plays World No.1 and local favourite Nicol David Thursday.
David defeated another Australian Donna Urquhart 11-5, 11-5, 11-6 in a little over half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan