Dipika Pallikal bags first top-10 scalp at KL Open
Kuala Lumpur: India`s squash star Dipika Pallikal defeated higher-ranked Kasey Brown of Australia for a place in the quarterfinals at the Nicol David KL Open here Wednesday. It was her first win against a top-10 player.
Dipika, ranked 15th, got the better of World No.7 Kasey 11-6, 11-7, 11-9 in the opening round. The 20-year-old made it to the main draw of the $70,000 event after getting through two tough qualifying matches.
"First win over a top 10 player. Beat Kasey whose World number 7. Quarters tomorrow against World number 1. Big day ahead," tweeted Dipika.
She next plays World No.1 and local favourite Nicol David Thursday.
David defeated another Australian Donna Urquhart 11-5, 11-5, 11-6 in a little over half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug