Disburse IBL dues of players, coaches, say BAI
New Delhi: The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has given instructions for immediate disbursement of dues of players and coaches who represented certain franchisees during the Indian Badminton League (IBL).
This follows media reports of non-payment of dues.
BAI president Akhilesh Das Gupta directed IBL`s commercial partner Sporty Solutionz to ensure the players` payments are released immediately.
"We were shocked when we read the media reports about non-payment of dues to the players. I personally have asked the events company to ensure all payments are cleared immediately and no player should complain," Das Gupta said in a statement Wednesday.
Das Gupta, also the IBL governing council chairman, insisted that they would soon put a mechanism in place to ensure such problems did not arise from the next edition.
"We are monitoring the situation closely till all payments are made to the players. Any faltering will be dealt with strongly and action will be taken. We will also discuss the issue during the next governing council meeting and put a foolproof mechanism in place," added Das Gupta.
"One solution could be to take a bank guarantee from the team owners before the start of the next edition. However, the final decision will have to be taken only after the meeting."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir