Discus-Thrower Krishna Poonia wins bronze in USA
Jaipur: Ace Indian discus thrower Krishna Poonia won a bronze medal at the 52nd Annual Mt SAC Relays tournament in Portland, USA.
The Jaipur girl cleared a distance of 58.99m well below her personal best of 63.41m but that was enough for her to bag a bronze at the April 10 to 17 event.
Olympian Krishna, who has won more than dozen medals in Asian Grand Prix in past three years, also had won a bronze at Doha Asian Games.
Her coach Virendra Poonia told PTI that Krishna has been training in the United States for the past few months.
"With an eye on forthcoming Delhi CWG and Asian Championship she wants to peak at the right time. She has begun well and has won a bronze in a strong field," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie