Diwakar makes it 1-1 for Mumbai Fighters in debut WSB clash
Pune: Pugilist Diwakar Prasad defeated Argentina`s Juan Javier Herrera in the lightweight category, as Mumbai Fighters rallied back from the first match loss to level the best-of-five contest 1-1 with Italian franchise Milano Thunder in their maiden World Series Boxing clash at Balewadi on Friday.
Three-time national champion Diwakar outperformed Argentina`s Juan Javier Herrera 2-1 with the scores 49-46, 48-47, 46-49 in his favour.
Earlier, former world cadet champion Balbir Singh lost the first bout in the bantamweight category to Milano Thunder`s Vitaliy Volkov 0-3 on a unanimous decision.
The scores were 50-45, 50-45, 50-45 in favour of the Milan team`s Argentine boxer in the bout at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note