Dominant Selby surges into Masters final
London: Defending champion Mark Selby remains on course to retain his Masters crown after racing into the final with a 6-1 rout of Shaun Murphy on Saturday.
England`s Selby was in dominant form in the semi-final at London`s Alexandra Palace and will face either reigning world champion Ronnie O`Sullivan or Stephen Maguire in the final.
The world number two`s victory also avenged a 6-2 defeat against Murphy in the quarter-finals of this competition two years ago.
Selby made a strong start with an 86 break earning him the opening frame. It was 2-0 on the back of a break of 104 and that became 3-0 after Murphy had missed a red along the top cushion.
A clearance of 62 made it 4-0 after Murphy had slipped up attempting a challenging pink, and when Selby edged a scrappy fifth frame the 30-year-old was on course for a satisfying whitewash.
Although Murphy stopped the rot, taking the sixth frame 59-15, there was to be no comeback as Selby closed the door in the next frame, which he took 76-24.
O`Sullivan is due to face Maguire in the second semi-final later on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing