Donovan Bailey`s gesture touches cancer patients
New Delhi: Former Olympic and world sprint champion Donovan Bailey touched a few lives Saturday as he interacted with cancer patients and offered them tips for Sunday`s Airtel Half Marathon.
At the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium, Bailey, a 100m champion in the 1996 Atlanta Games, handed over marathon kits to the cancer patients and runners who have recovered after major surgeries.
Patients from various hospitals under Max Healthcare who have undergone joint replacement, cancer therapy, neuro surgery or cardiac surgery, were present at the training session organised by Max Healthcare.
Max Healthcare is supporting the event with seven Advanced Cardiac Life Support ambulances and over 150 doctors, medical emergency specialists, paramedics and nurses manning the base stations and medical stations covering the route of 21 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you