Doping affected A-Rod facing suspension until 2015
New York: Yankees star Alex Rodriguez may be suspended until 2015 for doping charges, although commissioner Bud Selig could still look to pursue a lifetime ban.
According to the New York Post, Rodriguez has infuriated MLB and the Yankees throughout the Biogenesis investigation and did so again after Friday night`s game in Trenton, when he all but accused the league and the Yankees with conspiring against him to void the remainder of his contract.
In MLB`s eyes, Rodriguez has had more than enough time to cooperate with the investigation, and the league wasn`t interested in reopening discussions now that the expected deadline for suspensions is so close, the report said.
The third baseman and his camp also are believed to have contacted the Yankees on Saturday about the possibility of working out a deal on the remainder of his contract, which runs through 2017 and still is worth nearly 100 million dollars, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report