Doping affected A-Rod facing suspension until 2015
New York: Yankees star Alex Rodriguez may be suspended until 2015 for doping charges, although commissioner Bud Selig could still look to pursue a lifetime ban.
According to the New York Post, Rodriguez has infuriated MLB and the Yankees throughout the Biogenesis investigation and did so again after Friday night`s game in Trenton, when he all but accused the league and the Yankees with conspiring against him to void the remainder of his contract.
In MLB`s eyes, Rodriguez has had more than enough time to cooperate with the investigation, and the league wasn`t interested in reopening discussions now that the expected deadline for suspensions is so close, the report said.
The third baseman and his camp also are believed to have contacted the Yankees on Saturday about the possibility of working out a deal on the remainder of his contract, which runs through 2017 and still is worth nearly 100 million dollars, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft continues for sixth day