Doping affected A-Rod facing suspension until 2015
New York: Yankees star Alex Rodriguez may be suspended until 2015 for doping charges, although commissioner Bud Selig could still look to pursue a lifetime ban.
According to the New York Post, Rodriguez has infuriated MLB and the Yankees throughout the Biogenesis investigation and did so again after Friday night`s game in Trenton, when he all but accused the league and the Yankees with conspiring against him to void the remainder of his contract.
In MLB`s eyes, Rodriguez has had more than enough time to cooperate with the investigation, and the league wasn`t interested in reopening discussions now that the expected deadline for suspensions is so close, the report said.
The third baseman and his camp also are believed to have contacted the Yankees on Saturday about the possibility of working out a deal on the remainder of his contract, which runs through 2017 and still is worth nearly 100 million dollars, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster