Dronacharya awardee Kabaddi coach faints after MLA’s remarks on her attire
Gurgaon: Dronacharya awardee and national-level Kabaddi coach Sunil Dabas on Friday fainted and fell down from the dais, apparently after hearing a remark on her attire by a Congress MLA.
Ms Dabas, currently the Head of Physical Education department at Dronacharya Government College in Gurgaon, was told by the Congress legislator from Badshahpur, Rao Dharam Pal, that she should wear a ‘good dress’ instead of a pant and top, police said.
The MLA, who was the chief guest at the college for its annual day function, was introduced to the staff members. When it was Ms Dabas` turn, he reportedly told her, "You are a good player and a good coach also, you should wear (a) good dress."
She was reportedly wearing a top and pant at the time while other women staff were in traditional attire.
When the programme started, the MLA again hinted at her outfit, police said, adding that she fainted and fell from the dais after some time.
Ms Dabas was taken to a hospital and later shifted to Medicity in Gurgaon.
Students of the college protested the remarks made by the legislator, claiming that she fainted because she was humiliated by him.
Mr Pal told PTI that he had said, "You are like my daughter, and you should wear (a) good dress."
He claimed he was "himself a student of the college and wanted to morally teach the staff to wear good dresses to give a good message to the students."
An FIR has not been lodged as yet since Ms Dabas did not given an official statement on regaining consciousness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter