Drug haul: Boxer Ram Singh summoned for questioning
Fatehgarh: The Punjab Police Saturday summoned boxer Ram Singh for questioning in a drug haul case, a police official here said.
Ram Singh was undergoing training at the National Institute of Sports in Punjab`s Patiala town when he was summoned to Fategarh Sahib for questioning. He had joined the police probe late Friday.
The names of boxers Vijender Singh and Ram Singh cropped up after Anoop Singh Kahlon, an NRI, was arrested with 26 kg of heroin in a raid late Thursday.
Kahlon told the police that both the boxers were regular clients.
Police also found a car registered in Vijender`s wife Archana`s name outside Khalon`s house, from where the drugs were recovered.
"This vehicle was used by Ram Singh to drop Vijender at the Chandigarh airport on Wednesday. Now we have to find out how this vehicle reached outside the house of an international drug peddler. Ram Singh has admitted that he knew Kahlon, but said he never bought any drugs from him. We will question him today (Saturday)," said a senior official of Punjab police, who did not wish to be named.
Police sources said that Vijender, who is currently in Mumbai, may also be asked to come to Punjab to join the investigation.
Kahlon, a Canada-based NRI who works as a truck driver, and Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey of Nawanshahar Badala village in Mohali district, were arrested by Fatehgarh Sahib district police from a flat in Zirakpur town. Both the accused are in police remand.
Fatehgarh Sahib is 45 km from Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test