Drug haul: Boxer Ram Singh summoned for questioning
Fatehgarh: The Punjab Police Saturday summoned boxer Ram Singh for questioning in a drug haul case, a police official here said.
Ram Singh was undergoing training at the National Institute of Sports in Punjab`s Patiala town when he was summoned to Fategarh Sahib for questioning. He had joined the police probe late Friday.
The names of boxers Vijender Singh and Ram Singh cropped up after Anoop Singh Kahlon, an NRI, was arrested with 26 kg of heroin in a raid late Thursday.
Kahlon told the police that both the boxers were regular clients.
Police also found a car registered in Vijender`s wife Archana`s name outside Khalon`s house, from where the drugs were recovered.
"This vehicle was used by Ram Singh to drop Vijender at the Chandigarh airport on Wednesday. Now we have to find out how this vehicle reached outside the house of an international drug peddler. Ram Singh has admitted that he knew Kahlon, but said he never bought any drugs from him. We will question him today (Saturday)," said a senior official of Punjab police, who did not wish to be named.
Police sources said that Vijender, who is currently in Mumbai, may also be asked to come to Punjab to join the investigation.
Kahlon, a Canada-based NRI who works as a truck driver, and Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey of Nawanshahar Badala village in Mohali district, were arrested by Fatehgarh Sahib district police from a flat in Zirakpur town. Both the accused are in police remand.
Fatehgarh Sahib is 45 km from Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video